At Scoot, we pride ourselves in being able to pay substitutes at the highest rates in the market. We want you share our view of teaching as a profession in which you can not only make a significant impact, but also as a job that can bills and allow you to live a comfortable lifestyle.
- Californian credentialed teachers earn up to $200 for day-to-day assignments and more for long-term roles.
- 30-day substitute permit holders earn up to $180 for day-to-day assignments and more for long-term roles.
- Non-credentialed educators earn up to $165 for day-to-day support assignments and more for long-term roles
Scoot is currently hiring a substitute teacher who is experienced or qualified to teach a variety of grades at various schools located throughout Los Angeles. Specifically, we are looking to build our base of educators that can access schools in the San Gabriel Valley. If you live in East LA, Monterey Park, Baldwin Park, Monrovia, Covina or Claremont we welcome your application.
We work with private, independent, charter and religiously affiliated schools and are seeking an educator to provide exceptional experiences no matter where they are placed.
At Scoot, a substitute teacher believes in the value of an exceptional education.
No movie days in the classrooms served by us!
The substitute teacher brings a high level of competency, aptitude for common sense and professional attitude to the classroom.
They understand the complexities associated with filling in for the day and take great pride in providing a consistent, valuable day of learning even when the regular teacher is unavailable.
The teacher is professional especially in high-stress situations, reliable, flexible, and eager to quickly build rapport with students, staff and school community.
The substitute teacher understands they are an extension of Scoot and strive to represent the company and fellow team with the utmost integrity knowing they are part of an elite group of educators.
- Experience working in various schools (private, independent, charter etc)
- Empathy, integrity, professionalism
- Capacity to lead in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Sense of humor and an authentic passion for teaching
- Strong classroom management skills
- Firm yet kind approach to managing student behavior
- Bachelor degree as a minimum
- A recent TB Risk Assessment
- 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit OR CA Teaching Credential
- A simple and easy application process
- 100% flexible work schedule - no minimum commitment so you decide when to work
- Market leading pay, direct deposited every week
- Opportunity for Scoot to reimburse application expenses
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
- Access to professional development to help you develop your teaching skills
- You will be an official employee of Scoot and benefit from the perks associated
- and so much more!
- We are small, local, and understand urgency
- We get technology and have our very own easy-to-use, real-time software
- We have heart and strive to build partnerships with schools and educators
- We put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes
People are our entire reason for being. If you have what it takes, you will become an extension of our passionate, solutions-driven, dynamic team, truly helping us create exceptional experiences in education.
You will be partnering with individuals who care about developing meaningful relationships with you and the community as well as striving to "BE GREAT" every day.
Growth Relationships Empower Attitude Team