Great! We'd love to speak with you about becoming a Scoot substitute teacher!
Scoot Education is a staffing company who connects great teachers with the right school for them and vice versa. Part of a global organization who has been around for 15 years, we've been established in Los Angeles for the last two years and are now opening up in the Bay Area for the 2019/20 school year. We're excited to expand our impact on education to this region and welcome you to be a part of doing this with us.
With a number of schools already committed to partnering with Scoot, work will be available from mid August onwards so we are looking to get a head start in onboarding some great educators. We provide a personalized experience with a consultant dedicated to placing you in the best schools for you and always wanting to hear how you day went. On top of this, we pay the best rates out there in the bay!
Check out our application and onboarding process via our website @ https://www.scoot.education/disciplines/substitute
Scoot is currently hiring a substitute teacher who is experienced or qualified to teach a variety of grades at various schools located throughout The Bay Area. Specifically, substitutes located in or accessible to any of San Francisco, Oakland, Richmond & Berkley, the East Bay, San Leandro through to San Jose are welcome to apply to join the team.
We work with private, independent, charter and religiously affiliated schools and are seeking an educator to provide exceptional experiences no matter where they are placed.
At Scoot, a substitute teacher believes in the value of an exceptional education.
No movie days in the classrooms served by us!
The substitute teacher brings a high level of competency, aptitude for common sense and professional attitude to the classroom.
They understand the complexities associated with filling in for the day and take great pride in providing a consistent, valuable day of learning even when the regular teacher is unavailable.
The teacher is professional especially in high-stress situations, reliable, flexible, and eager to quickly build rapport with students, staff and school community.
The substitute teacher understands they are an extension of Scoot and strive to represent the company and fellow team with the utmost integrity knowing they are part of an elite group of educators.
- Experience working in various schools (private, independent, charter etc)
- Empathy, integrity, professionalism
- Capacity to lead in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Sense of humor and an authentic passion for teaching
- Strong classroom management skills
- Firm yet kind approach to managing student behavior
- A recent TB Risk Assessment
- 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit OR CA Teaching Credential
- A simple and easy application process
- 100% flexible work schedule - no minimum commitment so you decide when to work
- Market leading pay, direct deposited every week
- Opportunity for Scoot to reimburse application expenses
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
- Access to professional development to help you develop your teaching skills
- You will be an official employee of Scoot and benefit from the perks associated
- and so much more!
- We are small, local, and understand urgency
- We get technology and have our very own easy-to-use, real-time software
- We have heart and strive to build partnerships with schools and educators
- We put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes
People are our entire reason for being. If you have what it takes, you will become an extension of our passionate, solutions-driven, dynamic team, truly helping us create exceptional experiences in education.
You will be partnering with individuals who care about developing meaningful relationships with you and the community as well as striving to "BE GREAT" every day.
Growth Relationships Empower Attitude Team