Start substitute teaching with Scoot and earn up to $200/day when you work with us! (Scroll down to read about our stellar pay!)
Want better pay and more work? Want to be rewarded for your loyalty as a substitute teacher? Tired of not having taxes withdrawn from paychecks?
Scoot Education is hiring exceptional substitute teachers across The Bay Area to work with K-12th students at private and charter schools. Yes, COVID-19’s impact has led to school closures all over California, but the search for stellar subs continues!
Like everyone, we’re hoping that schools re-open in May. Use the extra time we have now to get on-boarded with Scoot so you can start teaching and working as soon as possible. This can all be done virtually from the comfort of your home - why wait?!
- Have a background in and/or passion for education
- Value learning above all else
- Put students first and celebrate their success
- Possess a growth mindset and empathetic nature
- Are driven and hungry to be the best you can be
- Make all decisions based on our mission and BE GREAT values
- Prioritize training & development of our substitutes
- Talk to our educators daily because we care about them
- Listen to your needs + preferences before matching you with assignments
- Put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes
A successful Scoot sub:
- Reliable, punctual, and professional
- Builds relationships with students, staff and school community
- Brings a high level of competency, common sense, and fun
- Flexible and shows initiative especially in high-stress situations
- Continuously reflects & seeks feedback to become a better educator
You’ll need to:
- Take a recent TB Risk Assessment & Live Scan (We’ll cover the cost of this!)
- Have a 30 Day Substitute Teaching Permit OR CA Teaching Credential
***Please note that we won’t be asking you to complete a live scan and/or TB test until we have clarity around when schools will re-open. You won’t incur any costs until we know you can use them to start working.
You’ll get paid:
Scoot pays the highest rates among substitute providers in Los Angeles! Your daily pay rate varies based on your credentials and the assignment.
We’re proud to pay subs the following rates for day-to-day assignments:
- CA credentialed teachers OR 30 Day Permit teachers= $200 a day
- Support Roles (Teaching Assistant, 1-to-1 aide etc) = $165 a day
Plus, the opportunity to earn more for long-term assignments!
Why you’ll enjoy working with Scoot:
- Join a team of elite substitute educators
- Direct deposits weekly
- W-2 employee of Scoot, meaning no fussing with taxes!
- 100% flexible work schedule - no minimum commitment so you decide when to work
- Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
- Paid training to prepare you for the classroom ---ask us about ScootCamp!
- Invitations to happy hours + social events
People are our entire reason for being. We’re an educational staffing company specializing in helping teachers--for free!
We are tech-driven, but human-enabled. We’re local, but come with 15+ years of global expertise. We understand urgency, value diversity, and we have heart.
We are dedicated to helping create exceptional experiences in education.
We care about developing meaningful relationships with you and the community as well as striving to "BE GREAT" every day.
Our “BE GREAT” values are: belief, exceptional, growth, relationships, empower, attitude, team.
Keywords: San Francisco, Bay Area, Oakland, Alameda, Berkeley, Richmond, San Leandro, Hayward, Walnut Creek, Concord, Antioch, Fremont, San Jose, Los Gatos, Santa Clara, Palo Alto, Redwood City, San Mateo, Daly City, Marin