Develop the intellect, talents, and character of each student in a community of learning dedicated to academic excellence, personal growth and responsibility, and service to others.
As a math/computer science teacher, you will:
- Have responsibility of teaching 4 sections of high school mathematics and computer science (of Intro, AP and Advanced Topics). He or she will be joining a division that values collegiality, espouses the highest standards, and provides mutual support and collaboration.
- Be able to collaborate across disciplines with both math and science department faculty. The math department is currently evaluating its curriculum which makes joining this crew an opportunity for growth and hands-on experience in shaping the program.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, instruction and course materials.
- Maintain expertise in subject matter through professional development.
- Participate in the greater life of the school by, among others, serving as an advisor for a grade level or an activity, chaperoning trips and dances.
- Have interest in fostering diversity, inclusion, and social justice to promote a healthy learning environment.
- Works in an environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a diverse array of contacts.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- A competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Wellness days
- Retirement Plan options
- Nurturing, supportive and inclusive community committed to sustaining a school that is uniquely grounded in history and tradition while embracing discovery and innovation!
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Computer Science; master’s degree is desirable.
- Minimum three years' teaching experience.
- Comfort using Python and/or Java up to an intermediate level.
- Comfort teaching at all upper school grade levels (9-12).
- Experience in tutoring, outdoor education, and athletics (any would be of value)
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in the use of technology.
- A collaborative spirit and positive attitude.
Have you heard of Scoot?
We’re an educational staffing company specializing in helping teachers find their dream job--for free! Top-ranked schools across Los Angeles partner with Scoot to find the best educators because of the individualistic and attentive approach we take with educators.
With 100% confidentiality, we walk you through the entire application process from submitting your resume to negotiating the best offer! Who knew finding your next teaching job could be so easy?