- At least two years of teaching experience preferred with a proven record of high student achievement as evidenced by measurable growth on assessments or other valid measures of academic achievement
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive 4-year college or university; Master’s degree preferred
- Valid single-subject California teaching credential in Languages Other Than English preferred or willingness to immediately and aggressively obtain one
- Extremely high standards for student achievement
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- High level of personal organization, planning, and follow-through
- Enthusiasm for subject matter
- Adaptability and the patience to successfully navigate school start-up work
THE SCHOOL IS…
a public charter school offering a new model of academic rigor and college preparation in East Los Angeles. The school’s founders believe that all students, regardless of race, socioeconomic class, or country of origin, can achieve at high levels when they have access to high-quality K-12 education.
This school's mission is to prepare all students in grades 9 through 12 for success in four-year colleges, professional careers, leadership in their communities, and lives of opportunity.
This is an excellent opportunity for a teacher with very high expectations for student achievement, who is passionate about molding students as strong readers and critical thinkers, and who wants to positively impact an historically underserved community by helping first-generation college-going students develop the skills and knowledge they need to prepare for success at the 4-year colleges of their choice.
The school day begins at 7:00 am and ends at 3:20 pm