Are you the right candidate? The ideal candidate:
- demonstrates an ongoing commitment to their studio practice through evidence of exhibitions, residencies, etc., as well as a working knowledge of historical and contemporary art and artists.
- has a background in drawing, painting, 2D design, and art history.
- has experience teaching introductory and advanced level courses - Drawing and Painting 1/The History and Art of Modern Europe and the World, Drawing and Painting 2, Drawing and Painting 3, and Advanced Placement Studio Art.
- will be excited by becoming part of our vibrant school community, broadly engaging with students and colleagues, and attending events outside their particular field of study.
- BA or BFA Visual Arts; MA or MFA degree in visual arts or arts education preferred.
- Ability to teach drawing and painting is primary; flexibility to teach other disciplines in visual arts is a plus.
- Teaching experience at the high school or college level is highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to work with colleagues in creating, developing, and implementing visual arts curricula.
Position Type: Full-time with benefits